Cheery Cherry Harvest Vinaigrette
Developed by Sandra Venneri of Nutrition Bites Consulting
A cheerful alternative to raspberry vinaigrette using cherries!
- 2 cups of pitted cherries
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup, honey or ice wine (preferably red!)
- 1/4 tsp of salt (optional, to taste)
- 1/4 tsp of ground pepper (optional, to taste)
Variations (Use one or a combination of them)
- Herb: 1 tsp of fresh chopped parsley or cilantro/coriander
- Ginger: 1 tsp of ginger root, peeled and chopped finely
- Citrus: Add 1 tsp of orange, lemon or lime juice to add another layer of flavour
- Chop by hand or use a food processor/blender to blend cherries to a pulp. Set aside.
- Place the rest of ingredients in order as they appear into a salad dressing cruet or container. (A funnel helps.)
- Add blended cherries into cruet.
- Shake and serve. Refrigerate any extra dressing.
Servings Per Recipe: 1 cup of dressing or 16 servings of 1 tbsp (15mL) each.
Copyright with all rights reserved to Nutrition Bites Consulting. We’d love you to share our recipes but remember to give credit where credit is due – to the author. Please re-post only with permission plus link to the original page/post: https://nutritionbites.ca/recipes-2/cheery-cherry-harvest-vinaigrette/
Used with permission in Niagara This Week article about 20 Valley Harvest.