A refreshing drink that celebrates Canada & its culinary delights with its official colour!
- 1/2 cup of pitted, chopped cherries (sweet or sour)
- 4-6 mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp of lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup of coconut water (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup or honey
- Ginger ale or club soda
- 1 oz of Rum, whiskey, etc (optional to make this into a cocktail)
Variations (Use one or a combination of them)
- Ginger: 1/2 tsp of ginger root, peeled and chopped finely
- Citrus: Add 1 tsp of orange or cranberry juice to add another layer of flavour
- Chop by hand or use a food processor/blender to blend cherries to a pulp. Place in cocktail shaker or large drinking glass.
- Place the rest of ingredients into the shaker or glass. Add crushed ice.
- Shake or stir. Top up the glass with the ginger ale.
- Serve with fruit garnishes.
- Add alcohol, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 2 servings
Copyright with all rights reserved to Nutrition Bites Consulting. We’d love you to share our recipes but remember to give credit where credit is due – to the author. Please visit www.nutritionbites.ca for more info & recipes that are not just about cherries.